It’s up to all of us to make the studio and forum a friendly, inclusive and safe environment for all.
What is a code of conduct?
A code of conduct sets out the agreed values held by an organisation which outline the best practice and responsibilities of the individuals associated with the organisation.
Who is the Code of Conduct for?
This document is for members, volunteers, staff and management at Chilli Studios whether at a venue or online entity. It is to be used as a guideline for behaviour, and to make the studio as effective as possible, and to ensure all work well together.
Why do we need a code of conduct?
- To provide a clear structure of what is expected from members, staff and volunteers
- To ensure the studio and forum is a safe and friendly environment to those who attend
- To underline the standard of acceptable behaviour agreed on by all members
- To make sure all members and staff are treated with equal respect within the studio and forum by other staff and members
- To allow for accountability and responsibility in a situation where the code of conduct has not been followed
The Nolan Principles - Adapted for Chilli Studios:
Individuals associated with Chilli Studios should act solely in terms of improvement and contribution to the organisation
Individuals should respect the organisation any person associated with it
In carrying out the delivery of the organisation, individuals should implement fairness at all times
All are accountable for their own decisions and actions within the organisation
Individuals should act and take decisions in an open and transparent manner
It is expected that individuals are truthful
Individuals should support the principles of the organisation and be willing to acknowledge poor behaviour wherever it occurs
What is deemed as unacceptable behaviour?
- Being noticeably under the influence of alcohol/un-prescribed or illegal drugs.
- Attacking another person, or group of people in the studio in either a physical or verbal manner.
- Behaving in an aggressive or threatening manner. This includes threats of violence/intimidation towards others or threats of self-harm.
- Sexual harassment, including unwanted touching and suggestive comments or language.
- Exploitation of other members emotionally, materially or financially.
- Using inflammatory language breaching the equal opportunities policy.
- Improper use of any equipment, material or resource of the studio. Chilli Studios cannot be expected to enforce restriction on membership rights due to situations that occur between members outside of the forum, live streaming or studio service offer, unless a current legally binding restraining order is in place and management have been notified of this. We encourage a discussion to take place regarding the matters with staff where safety and safeguarding within the venue will be considered.
WHAT IS OUR EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES POLICY?
Everyone should be treated equally, irrespective of protective characteristics such as gender, race, cultural, ethnic or national origins, colour, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic circumstances, appearance, political beliefs, trade union activity, age, diet, disability, physical or learning difficulty, spent or non-relevant convictions, educational history.
WHAT KIND OF ISSUES DO WE NEED CONSIDER?
It is important to respect all members’ privacy and not repeat conversations or incidents which happen inside the forum and studio to others unless you have permission from those involved. Personal data is protected so be aware not to share contact details or personal information on the forum or on live video/audio activity connected to the studio. More information on GDPR here https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation
CONFLICTS BETWEEN MEMBERS
Chilli Studios accepts that within a busy forum, live streaming or studio environment there is inevitably going to be disagreements between members. We ask that respect is given to each others views and the standards of acceptable behaviour apply.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Members must work in a fashion that does not affect the health and safety of themselves or others. Please ask for the Health and safety policy for more details.
HOW TO ACT IF THE CODE IS BREACHED
It is important that members, as well as volunteers and staff, are expected to take all the necessary steps to ensure that the code of conduct is adhered to and challenge any behaviour that is contrary to its letter or its spirit.
If members have any difficulty in challenging behaviour of another member, they are within their right to call upon staff (ADMIN) to intervene.
Please inform a member of Senior Staff (ADMIN) as soon as possible during or after a breach of this code of conduct.
WHAT ACTION WILL CHILLI STUDIOS TAKE?
Any breach could also affect your Studio membership at the venue not just on the forum or live streaming.
1. If the issue is minor, a warning will be issued. Persistent disregard of this warning or breaches of the code of conduct will result in members being asked to leave/banned for a period of time.
2. Chilli Studios will be using a ‘term time’ approach. Periods of restricted use will reflect this term time approach, for more details see Chilli Studios’ term timetable.
3. A serious breach or persistent disregard of the code of conduct will be reported to the Board of directors. Anyone to be excluded will be reported to the Board and has the right to appeal to the Board of Directors. (Policy for effective handling of complaints applies)
4. Staff and Board members have a duty of care and once reviewed a situation or member that is deemed high risk in safety terms or if an illegal act is made the emergency services and care support services will be contacted.